Oscar-winning entertainer Kevin Spacey has said he will deliberately show up in Britain “when can be sorted out” to come up against sex wrongdoing indictments, Good Morning America provided details regarding Tuesday.
Last week, Britain’s Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said it had approved charges to be brought against Spacey, 62, on four counts of rape against three men, and a further charge of making an individual take part in penetrative sexual action without assent.
Police said the supposed attacks had occurred between March 2005 and April 2013 – four in the capital and one in Gloucestershire. They included exclusive who is currently in his 40s and two men now in their 30s.
Spacey will be charged in the event that he is captured in England or Wales, a CPS representative said.
“I particularly value the Crown Prosecution Service’s assertion where they painstakingly reminded the media and the public that I am qualified for a fair preliminary, and honest unless someone can prove the contrary to be true,” Good Morning America cited an explanation from the entertainer as saying.
“While I am frustrated with their choice to push ahead, I will deliberately show up in the UK when can be set up and guard myself against these charges, which I am sure will defend myself.”